Shoulder pain can be quite debilitative and restrictive for both every day activities and for the sporting populations.
There are many different types of shoulder pain that require different management and rehabilitation strategies. These may include:
- Subacromial Impingement Syndrome (also known as Bursitis)
- Tendinopathy or ‘tendinitis’
- Glenoid labral pathology (SLAP lesion)
- Adhesive capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder)
- AC- joint sprain or tear
- Rotator Cuff Tendon tear
- Referred pain from other structures in the area such as the neck
As you can see there are numerous pathologies that can cause shoulder pain. An experienced physiotherapist at Complete Balance will assist in determining the cause of your pain and address the contributing factors in order to reduce your pain or build back your function.
What you may feel / experience with shoulder pain:
- Sharp/ pinching pain with certain arm movement or positions
- Heavy aching pain even into the arm
- Pain on waking up in the morning
- Difficultly getting comfortable in bed
- Reduced or painful range of motion
How can Physiotherapy help you?
Physiotherapy at Complete Balance will help reduce your pain via a number of strategies such as manual therapy & dry needling, education, exercise therapy and unloading positions. It is then imperative to address the ever-important causative factors so the pain stays away. This may include:
- Improving your upper back & neck mobility
- Improving your muscle strength or the reducing tightness
- Increase control and strength of your shoulder blade muscles
- Addressing any room for improvement in your technique (tennis serve for example)
- Reducing general overload or repetitive movements
- Working on deficiency else where in the kinetic chain
BOOK ONLINE today and see one of our expert physiotherapists to help reduce your shoulder pain and return you to full function.