Elbow pain can be quite debilitative and restrictive for both every day activities and for the sporting populations.
There are a number of different elbow conditions that require different management and rehabilitation strategies. These may include:
- Tennis Elbow (Elbow Tendinitis)
- Golfers Elbow
- Tendon tears
- Loose bodies
- Medial ligament Instability throwers elbow)
- Nerve Entrapment
- Referred pain
As you can see there are numerous pathologies that can cause elbow pain. An experienced physiotherapist at Complete Balance will assist in determining the cause of your pain and address and commence a treatment management plan to return you to full function.
What you may feel / experience with elbow pain
- Sharp pain picking items up
- Reduced range of movement
- Pain with certain activities- hammering a nail, opening a jar for example
- Heavy aching pain even into the arm
How can Physiotherapy help you?
Physiotherapy at Complete Balance will help reduce your pain via a number of strategies such as manual therapy & dry needling, bracing, education, exercise therapy and unloading positions. It is then imperative to address the ever-important causative factors so the pain stays away. This may include:
- Improving neck mobility
- Improving your muscle strength or the reducing tightness in the shoulder region
- Increase strength of the wrist & elbow muscles
- Addressing any room for improvement in your technique (tennis serve for example)
- Reducing general overload or repetitive movements
BOOK ONLINE today and see one of our expert physiotherapists to help reduce your elbow pain and return you to full function.